City Administration

The City Administrator's office is responsible for the day to day operations of the city. The department consists of the City Administrator, Deputy Clerk, Finance Director, Planner, Administrative Assistant, and Utility Billing Clerk.  The City Administrator is selected by the City Council to manage all operations and functions of city government. The City Administrator, along with the city staff, evaluate and make recommendations to the City Council on all issues concerning the city.


 How do I apply for a permit or license?

For the convenience of our customers, our Permit & License Forms are available on this website.  Print a copy, complete, and sent to our office with payment.  You may also drop the completed forms off at Chisago City Hall.

 Is a permit required to solicit within city limits?

Peddlers, transient merchants, solicitors, produce and religious groups are required to register at Chisago City Hall if they wish to engage in business in the City.  Each person must file a sworn statement with the City that includes:

  • Driver’s license or other photo identification
  • Permanent home address and business address of firm or corporation
  • Description of the nature of the business and the goods to be sold,
  • Length of time for which the right to do business
  • And for transient merchant sales – proof of appropriate permission to operate on proposed site and a copy of the firm or individual’s sales tax permit.

Registration and permit fees do apply.  A permit form can be found on our Permits & Forms webpage.  For additional information, please contact City Hall at 651-257-4162.